Christian Pastoral Support Worker
Belair Primary School is pleased to offer the Christian Pastoral Support Program to students, staff and parents. The program focuses on student well-being and is a valued resource in our school community. The Christian Pastoral Support Worker is available for the overall pastoral care of students, staff and families and will at all times respect the secular character of Government Schools, as well as the culture and beliefs of the individuals within the school. The program is funded through the National School Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program with additional funding from the local churches and the Belair Primary School Community.
The Christian Pastoral Support Worker:
- Works in cooperation with teachers and staff to support students and families
- Is a resource for staff addressing social and religious issues
- Assists students who require extra support
- Is available to students, parents and staff as a listener and support person
- Provides information regarding resources and agencies available to assist families
- Works with others in the school and its community to develop services, programs and strategies that meet the needs of children at our school.
The Christian Pastoral Support Worker spends time with children individually or in groups. Some activities undertaken by the Christian Pastoral Support Worker include:
- Afternoon Tea for students transferring in to Belair Primary School from other schools.
- Lunch time craft groups.
- Attendance at camps and excursions.
- Social skill groups to assist students in improving social skills.
- Seasons for Growth groups to assist students experiencing significant change such as a family break-up.
- Organising Belair Primary School’s participation in the 40 Hour Famine.
Parents are also welcome to catch up with the Christian Pastoral Support Worker through:
- Individual meetings
- Walking group on Monday mornings
- Parent Support Groups
By phone or e-mail
The Christian Pastoral Support Worker can be contacted through the front office or via email email@example.com