Parents / Caregivers are invited to participate in a tour of Belair Primary School and to meet the Principal Mr Rob Houston.
These tours give families an opportunity to see the school in operation and ask any questions they may have.
Please contact the Front Office for further information regarding tour dates and register your interest in attending. Families can also request a personal tour with the Principal by contacting the Front Office to arrange an appointment time.
Reception Admission Procedures
In South Australia, public primary schools have one intake date each year. This means:-
- If your child turns 5 before 1 May, they can start primary school (the first year is known as reception) at the beginning of the year.
- If your child turns 5 on or after 1 May, they can start the next year.
All children must be enrolled at school by 6 years of age, which is the compulsory school starting age. Every child is entitled to four terms of pre-school before starting school. Many families choose their child’s school before they start preschool. It is important to make a final decision during your child’s preschool year and inform the preschool staff. Make contact with the school to lodge enrolment papers once this decision has been made. Belair runs a transition program across term 3 and 4 each year. Early or delayed entry to school are options that may be possible in specific circumstances, where it is in a child’s best educational interests. If you think this applies to your child, talk to the Principal.
Consistent with other DfE policies proof of age and proof of residency documentation will be required on enrolment.
Proof of Age document selection:
- Full birth certificate
- CAFHS Blue Book
- Adoption certificate
- Naturalisation or citizenship certificate
- Guardian of the Minister (GOM) documentation
- Once proof of age is established and recorded at preschool, schools will not need to repeat the process.